Everyone knows they need RV insurance when getting a new RV. However, it is not as obvious that it is a good idea to have an RV insurance review at least once each year and if any substantial changes occur. It is important to work with your agent at Access Insurance Services, serving San Antonio, TX and the surrounding area, to make sure your RV insurance is adequate.
Here are some things that would normally warrant an RV insurance review:
- Changes in Usage: If the use of your RV changes substantially, it is a good idea to let your agent know about this so that the insurance can be adjusted as needed. For example, an insurance adjustment may be needed if you normally travel only for short trips during summer and you retire with the plan to travel constantly in your RV. The additional miles traveled need to be considered for insurance purposes.
- Changing How the RV is Parked or Stored: Parking your RV in a new location or placing it in storage can change insurance requirements. Just tell your agent if there is a change in the normal place it is parked.
- Letting Others Use the RV: If you plan on lending your RV to others, make sure your agent knows because they may need separate insurance to cover them for driving and using it.
- Renting Your RV: Renting out an RV is a common way for owners to reduce the expenses of maintaining one. When renting an RV, this becomes a commercial use of it and the insurance requirements are different than when only using it for personal (non-commercial) uses.
- Adding Custom Features and Equipment to an RV: Inform your agent if you make any substantial custom modifications and/or add expensive items to take along on RV trips, such as a new stereo system, an entertainment system, or other expensive equipment or customizations.
If you need any help with RV insurance, then reach out to your agent at Access Insurance Services in San Antonio, TX to get a free consultation, an insurance review, and a quote.