Anyone who owns a bike won’t tire of singing praises of how exciting it is to ride on the open roads. However, amid the fun, riding a motorcycle comes with its fair share of risks. One small mistake can cost you thousands of dollars in terms of medical costs or damages. For this reason, motorcycle insurance is a must-have investment — you shouldn’t consider motorcycle insurance a luxury but a necessity. That said, you need to understand what bike insurance covers so you can insure your bike based on your needs. Here is what motorcycle insurance covers as prepared by Access Insurance Services.
- Liability coverage: Texas requires that you carry minimum liability insurance to be on the road. Liability insurance covers property damage and bodily injury caused to others when you are at fault for an accident.
- Collision insurance coverage: The policy comes into play when your bike collides with an object or another vehicle. The policy pays for the cost of replacement or repairs minus your deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive insurance pays for the cost of repairs or replacement in the event of an incident rather than a collision, for example, fire, vandalism, or theft.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorists: Some people will always break the law by riding without insurance. That’s why you need to cushion yourself from such people. The policy pays for the resulting damage if an uninsured or underinsured motorist collides with you.
- Medical payments coverage: Medical coverage covers the medical bills for you as the rider during an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Motorcycle insurance in San Antonio, TX
If you own a motorcycle and want to enjoy your ride with nothing to worry about, then motorcycle insurance is the way to go. For peace of mind, buy motorcycle insurance from Access Insurance Services in San Antonio, TX. Contact us today for an affordable quote.