What are my RV insurance needs if I live in my RV

If you’re thinking about joining thousands of Americans touring the world in their RVs, you might want to focus more on insurance as the RV will be acting as your home and car. RV insurance is almost similar to your standard auto insurance, only that it has more coverage. This post will help you understand your RV insurance needs better.

Do you need it in the first place?

Now, your first question may be whether you need RV insurance or not, and the truth is–it depends. In San Antonio, TX, all owners with drivable RVs like motorhomes must carry the minimum liability coverage just like any other vehicle. However, towable RVs like trailers and campers don’t need RV insurance when towed by another insured vehicle.

How much RV insurance do I need?

If you’re living in your RV, it’s prudent to seek full-time RV insurance, as most companies offer partial insurance policies for RVs. Full-time RV insurance is costly but more comprehensive as it covers you and your RV against risks you may face while away. Remember your RV policy acts as your home and car insurance. At Access Insurance Services, we recommend sitting down with your insurance company and assessing your needs before buying the policy.

Which coverage should I get?

Your San Antonio, TX insurance advisor should help you understand your risks and determine which coverage will suit you best. For instance, you may want to seriously consider buying enough liability as you will likely spend most of your time on the road. You also need to get coverage for your personal belongings and comprehensive and collision coverage for accidents that may happen while driving or parked.

Get RV insurance today!

At Access Insurance Services, we care about your insurance needs. If you need help buying or have questions you need to be answered before buying any policy, feel free to reach out to us, and we will be glad to help.