You do everything you can to avoid being in a San Antonio, TX traffic accident, but the fact is you’ll probably be involved in one at some point in your busy life. It’s a stressful moment, to see your car dinged, scratched and dented. But with some helpful tips from Access Insurance Services, you’ll be able to get your car fixed and back on the road as soon as possible.
- Are You Okay? After the impact, take a deep breath. Are you hurt? If your neck, head, back, or chest aches, wait for medical attention to arrive. You could be injured worse than you think.
- Call the Police: If nobody is hurt, place a non-emergency call to the local authorities to file a report. If it’s just a fender bender, don’t call 911 unless the other driver is visibly angry and threatening. A police report helps to speed up the insurance process. An officer can provide an objective point of view and help you stay safe in a stressful situation.
- Take Pictures: Your smart phone is your friend. Snap images of your car, the other car, the intersection and any traffic signs like speed limits, stop lights, and yield. If the other driver allows, even take a picture of them. It can help you remember who was driving when you fill out paperwork.
- Exchange Information: Make sure to provide your name, driver’s license, and insurance information to the police officer and the other driver. Copy down or take a picture of their license plate.
- Call Your Insurance Company: The faster you report the incident, the faster you can have the damage appraised on your vehicle, receive a check and get it all fixed.
For more tips on how to make the most out of your San Antonio, TX auto insurance, give your agent at Access Insurance Services a call today.